Getting Your Domain On The First Page of Google
“No one visits the second page of Google unless they are really desperate.”
This is 100% true when it comes to search results today. Studies show that just 8.5% of the searches on Google get past the first page. That’s a staggering 91.5% of traffic that you will miss out on if you aren’t on the first page. Search engines are getting smarter each day and people are relying more and more on the relevance of these search results. This is why they usually find what they want on the first page itself and rarely visit the second page.
This is one of the greatest challenges for a business today. There are countless websites all vying for the top spot. It’s very easy to get lost in the crowd. To be featured on the first page of search results, you will need to rank less than ten. But how exactly do you reach these glorious positions? Is your website actually better than your competitors? Here are some tips for you:
- Identify keywords: There are a lot of blogs which can help you figure out how this can be done. The main thing to remember here is to limit focus keywords. You need to target ten primary keywords which are most important to your business and use them regularly.
- Be realistic: Even though you may be able to provide your service to people all around the world, you make rank better if you target a local audience. Adding the location where your business is located with your keywords can sometimes help you rank higher.
- Don’t forget your brand: This is very important especially for new domains or brands. Make sure that your brand keywords are your main keywords. Including a keyword in your brand name can help improve ranking significantly. And it goes without saying that you should go with a .com domain.
- On-page SEO: Every aspect of on-page SEO needs to be in order and all the keywords have to be strategically placed across each key element. Everything from the URL to H1/H2 tags is important as far as on-page SEO is concerned.
- Content: Make sure that your content is produced for the people and not for search engines. You will have to squeeze keywords in strategically while maintaining quality so that people are interested in reading your content. No matter what you do, though, do not stuff keywords into your content. You wouldn’t want it to be considered as spam.
- Off-page SEO: This is important too. It’s a tedious task which has to be done correctly. Make sure this is done right and if you can’t, hire a good digital marketing agency to do this for you. It is much more to this than simple link building. You will have to focus on social media and bookmarking too.
You may be wondering why all but one of these tips have something to do with keywords. That’s just how important keywords are. So make sure you get them right. Most importantly you need to make sure you choose the right keywords. If you don’t, ranking on the first page is not going to do your business any favours. This is where a dedicated SEO server comes into the picture. So if things aren’t going your way, perhaps you should consider getting a dedicated SEO server?