CreateRegister.com would always be zealous & devoted towards safeguarding your complete privacy & the information you provide us while subscribing to our services. All possible measures, steps & procedures are adopted to stay-put towards the UK Data Protection Legislation. The below stated policy applies to all types of data & information collected by CreateRegister.com We use the information so collected to communicate with you, our client, about our services, update our records and generally maintain your account with us. We also use this information to improve our web site, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, functions on our behest
- (a) To remember you have visited or logged in to an area of our website before
- (b) Show you advertisements on other websites
- (c) Track your ordering process and save items in your basket so they are still there if you return
- (d) Research and analytical purposes
In the interest of transparency, we have a list of all the cookies we may set listed at the bottom of this page, with a description of what it is used for.
We ask you to provide your email address to us during the signup process to be able to communicate with you. We normally send all our notifications through emails which we have for your account on our record. We also need your email address while registering a domain name for you. This is mandatory as per our domain registrar – Online Inc.
Live Chat Communication
When you start a live chat, our system will timestamp and store your submitted pre-chat information in an encrypted database. We may use this information to contact you about your enquiry or for feedback regarding your experience (e.g. by completing a short survey). You can unsubscribe from, or resubscribe to, these types of non-essential communications at any time.
Traditional Communication Means
We ask you to provide us with your actual postal address, telephone number & fax number in order to check and verify the distance between the address mentioned & the location of signup. This is an important part of the verification process we follow for each signup which we receive. We also require these details when we register a domain name for you OR transfer your domain name to our account. Only our internal staff has access to your contact details.
The information so provided by you during registration is kept in our records till the time you are our active client.
We do not provide the information collected from you to any third party for any reason what-so-ever. However, we do have to co-operate with law enforcement agencies authorized by the government if they do ask us about the contact details we have for you.
We also use the contact information on records for you to inform you about the improvements, updations & any such relevant information to the services you have subscribed for. We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways or for reasons unrelated to the ones described above without also providing an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures reasonably designed to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption to secure personal identification. In addition, personnel who have access to our database are trained to maintain and secure all information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
You are welcome to contact us & express your grievance in case you feel there is a case where the information provided by you has not been handled according to the above stated policy. We will correct any violation of the policy (if it has happened) once we get a notification from you.
Key – Cookie Name: Description
Note – “Expires” refers to the point in time after the cookie is set when the browser should delete the cookie from your computer.
- LivePersonID: This cookie is used in conjunction with the HumanClickKEY cookie (described below) to gather usage data related to a visitor’s visit to a LivePerson customer’s website. Expires: 12 months
- HumanClickSiteContainer ID_: This cookie is used by LivePerson with respect to its largest customers in order to allow LivePerson to distribute usage of its services across a cluster of servers (for load balancing purposes). Expires: At the end of the browser session
- HumanClickKEY: This cookie is used to identify a visitor’s session on a customer’s website and monitor the pages viewed by the visitor on the customer’s website, the time spent by the visitor on pages of the customer’s website and other usage data related to the visitor’s visit to the customer’s website.
- HumanClickACTIVE: This cookie (sometimes referred to as an acceptance test cookie) is used to determine whether a cookie can be set on a browser. This cookie is set when LivePerson’s services initiate monitoring. Expires: 24 hours
- HumanClickCHATKEY: This cookie is used for security purposes to identify each LP Chat and LP Voice communication session. Expires: At the end of the browser session
- LPit: It is set when the visitor to the customer’s website requests to engage in a chat session with the customer. Expires: At the end of the browser session
- preChatSurveySubmit: This is set when you either click the Live Chat link in the header, or submit the Live Chat form located at the bottom-right of the website, if the cookie is not already set. Expires: At the end of the browser session
- HOSTBILLEmailAddress: Your client area username
- HOSTBILLPassword: Encrypted version of your client area password
- SWIFT_sessionid: When you either go to, or login to the helpdesk / client area page(s)
- SWIFT_visitor: Any user that loads a live chat, click-to-call or visitor tracking button on a ‘tagged web page’
- SWIFT_scloginpassword: Any user that logs into the helpdesk and ticks the ‘Remember Me’ box