How do I edit my zone file/DNS forwarding? (Setup MX, A-Records & CNAME)

To perform DNS forwarding, change your zone file, (MX, A-Records & CNAME) using the following steps:

  • Login to your account

  • Go to your list of registered domains

  • Click on the domain you want to modify

  • In the Domain Name Server Details section, click 'Set up DNS Record'

  • Enter your Web IP address and the Mail Record IP address

  • To ADD records or edit the zone file, click 'Advanced Option' to bring up the entire zone file.

  • Enter the 'Host' choose Type from the drop down menu, enter the Content/Data then click 'Add'

  • Once you have finished editing the zone file, click 'Proceed to Next Step'

  • 0 Users Found This Useful
Was this answer helpful?

Related Articles

What is a Delegation?

Delegation or DNS delegation is the process of changing the name servers for a domain. To...

How do I delegate my domain to new name servers?

To change the name servers for a domain, also known as a DNS delegation, please follow these...

Why is my delegation taking so long?

Some ccTLD's require a manual operation and can be delayed because of this. Your name servers may...

Why is my delegation not working?

Several ccTLD have rules about how the name servers that the domains in there name space are...

What is DNS?

Domain name servers, or DNS, are an incredibly important but completely hidden part of the...